Web Tools

Heavy Equipment Course Options

image

Basic Level Courses

Tuition is $895.00 per course. Books are included.

CONC 520 001  Backhoes  (32 hours) CONC 605 001   Motor graders (32 hours)
CONC 526 001  Front End Loaders (32 hours) CONC 607 001   Scrapers (32 hours)
CONC 524 001  Bulldozers (32 hours) CONC 522 001   Excavators (32 hours)

Operator Level Courses  (advanced level)

Tuition is $1790.00 per course. Books are included.

CONC 609 001    Backhoe Operator (64 hours) CONC 612 001   Front End Loader Operator (64 hours)
CONC 611 001    Dozer Operator (64 hours) CONC 614 001   Motor Grader Operator (64 hours)
CONC 610 001    Excavator Operator (64 hours) CONC 615 001   Scraper Operator (64 hours)

Available Courses (for multiple pieces of equipment)

CONC 521

#CONC 521 (needed for registration)

The four piece program is a total of 192 hours of training on Backhoes, Excavators, Bulldozers and Front-end Loaders. Students will learn proper maintenance and care of the equipment and how to operate the equipment. Students will spend approximately 90% of the 192 hours outside operating the equipment (seat time) the other 10% will be spent in the classroom. Tuition is $4,995. Books are included.

CONC 620

#CONC 620 (needed for registration)

The three piece program is a total of 144 hours of training on three pieces of equipment. The student may choose the three pieces of equipment he/she wants to learn to operate, Backhoe, Excavator, Bulldozer, or Front-end Loader. Students will learn proper maintenance and care of the equipment and how to operate the equipment. Students will spend 90% of the 96 hours outside operating the equipment (seat time), the other 10% will be spent in the classroom. Tuition is $3,750.

CONC 613

#CONC 613 (needed for registration)

The two piece program is a total of 96 hours of training on two pieces of equipment. The student may choose two pieces of equipment form the four, Backhoe, Excavator, Bulldozer, and Front-end Loader. Students will learn proper maintenance and care of the equipment and how to operate the equipment. Students will spend 90% of the 96 hours outside operating the equipment (seat time) the other 10% will be spent in the classroom. Tuition is $2,995. Will be set up on as needed basis.

Grade Part I (M:22108)  (NCCER)
Introduces the topic of preparing graded surfaces, using heavy equipment. 

Grade Part II (M:22208)  (NCCER)
Presents proper practices for setting grade off bench marks and describes methods for setting grades using various types of levels.

Introduction to Project Management (M:27409)  (NCCER)
Along with the principles of project planning, scheduling, estimating and management, the trainee learns the basic skills required to supervise personnel.

Industrial Lift Truck Operator
Classroom and hands-on instruction in the operation of an industrial forklift truck. The successful completion of this course will certify the student on the type forklift used in class. Tuition is $375

Pipelaying
Provides the student classroom and hands on training in the following areas: Job Site Safety, Tools and Equipment, Rigging and Delivering Pipe, Cutting Pipe, Gaskets, Joints, Fittings, Introduction to Elevations, Trench Safety, Foundation Stabilization, Bedding, Dewatering, and Pipe Testing.

Any of the above courses may be customized to fit the needs of a company or government agency.


For further information, contact:

Ken Strickland, Program Manager
803-981-7338
kstrickland@yorktech.edu

Ben Ross, Program Coordinator
803-325-2877
bross@yorktech.edu

Becky Cannon, Administrative Specialist
803-981-7087
bcannon@yorktech.edu


THIS PAGE IS MAINTAINED BY THE CORPORATE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION DIVISION

 

While every effort is made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information supplied on this web server, York Technical College is not responsible for any errors or omissions, external links, or individual opinions.

LAST UPDATED: 11/26/13


Comments on this website, email webmaster@yorktech.edu
 York Technical College, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730 | (803) 327-8000 | (800) 922-TECH