- Nearly all students
South Carolina residents qualify, regardless of financial need.
- Your eligibility is not
based on how much you earn.
- You do not have to attend
full-time to qualify.
Learn how this works.
GET STARTED TODAY by filling out a Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete a
Free Application for Federal Student
- Be a resident of South Carolina.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident that
meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under the
State residency statutes.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours in an associate
or eligible certificate or diploma program for each term of
- Must earn at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA (grade
point average) after attempting 24 credit hours by the end of the
- Must not be eligible for or be a recipient of the
- Must not receive Lottery Tuition Assistance for
more than one certificate, diploma or degree earned within any
five-year period unless the additional certificate, diploma or
degree constitutes progress in the same field of study.
If you meet one of the conditions below, you may waive the FAFSA
requirement by completing the FAFSA Waiver Form:
have a Bachelor's Degree and provide a transcript or copy of your
- You are enrolled in a program that is not eligible for
Title IV federal aid.
- You are a dependent student who is unable to obtain a
parent's or parents' federal tax return(s) (documentation required).
- You are a high school student enrolled in a dual credit program.
Financial Resources Counselor