How to Accept Your Financial Aid Awards
You must accept your awards in WebAdvisor on or before the payment deadline for the amounts to be posted to your account toward payment of tuition/fees. In addition, you must pay any balance due in the Business Office before the payment deadline to hold your class schedule.
- Go to the York Tech homepage:
- Click on the “WebAdvisor” link in the blue menu on the right side of the screen.
- Login with your username and password.
Your WebAdvisor username is the 1st letter of your first name, full last name, plus the last four digits of your Student Id Number. For example, a student with the name Jane Harris and a Student Id number of 0249985 would have the following username: jharris9985.
If you are logging in for the first time, the WebAdvisor password is your birthday. For example November 9, 1986 would be: 110986. After that, you will be prompted to change the password from your birthday by creating a new password and when logging in this new password should be used.
If by using the correct Student Id and password combination you are still unable to access your account information, please refer to the WebAdvisor Help Desk with the following number: 803-981-7111.
- Click on the “students” menu.
- Under the students menu, look under the Financial Aid category (on the left side of the screen) and click on
“Accept or Reject my Financial Aid Awards.”
- Where it says “Choose a Financial Aid Year”, select the current academic year which is
“Year 2011” for the fall semester. Don’t forget to
- Anything you have been found eligible for will be listed in this window and beside each award it will say “estimated”. Click on the dropdown menu (a downwards arrow) beside a box labeled
“Action to Take on All” which is located in the middle of the left side of the screen. Be sure to select
“Accept All Awards.”
- If no funds are listed, go to My Documents (located above Accept or Reject award)
and check if you are missing any documents. If you are missing documents, it will take two to three weeks to process
the paperwork once you have turned it into the proper person.
- To finish, scroll down to the bottom of the page and then
click submit. All awards that had “estimated” beside them should have now changed to “accepted” for all terms. Click on
“OK” to exit.
Your awards have now been accepted and will be automatically applied towards your tuition.
*Awards with “Pending” beside them (not including loans) require a paper certification which is a form that can be printed out from the York Tech website in the student’s menu of WebAdvisor under “student forms.” Certifications can also be requested from Financial Aid staff members, but either way, these forms must be submitted to the Financial Aid office in order for the award to be applied towards your tuition.
The following awards require a paper certification in order to be accepted and will say “pending” until the certification is received:
• SCNBG- South Carolina Need Based Grant
• Life Scholarship
If you have questions about this process or need assistance, please stop by the Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building, Room 200, or call us at 803-327-8005.