Download a PDF
the Graphic Standards Manual.
York Technical College's graphic identity includes a logotype, icon, colors and specific guidelines for their use. Together, these elements create a strong visual identity that is essential for generating greater understanding of and support for the College's mission, vision and goals.
Graphic Standards Manual
Approved by York Technical College in 2009, the Graphic Standards Manual provides guidelines for using the College's logo, colors and typography in printed and electronic materials. Adherence to these standards will enhance our ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences.
The logo is the primary representation of the College's visual identity. Due to the character length of the College's name, the logomark is provided with different logotype formats to provide flexibility in use. This logo is used to identify all College services and communication materials and products.
The logo must appear on all publications representing the College and it may not be commingled with other graphic marks. Use only the approved artwork available from the Public Information Office.
Do's and Don'ts
- No poor quality logos: Logos used on web pages are typically low resolution and will not look good in print. Public Information has created a page with a variety of high resolution downloadable logos here.
- No grayscale logos: This rule especially applies to stationary. Stationary should always be the color version. Black logos are available on the downloadable page for brochures and flyers. The logo should always be the correct Pantone colors: 151 orange, 280 blue, and 280 blue at 30%.
- Resize proportionally: If you resize the logo, make sure you resize proportionally. Do not stretch the logo vertically or horizontally.
- Utilize the Graphics Standards Manual: The GSM is a great resource for questions about proper logo application including (but not limited to) color, icon, and type usage and common mistakes to avoid.
- Consult Public Information: If you need assistance with logo changes or designing material using the logo, please contact Public Information.
YTC Power Point Templates
Strategic Communications & Marketing
The Strategic Communications & Marketing Office oversees the design standards to
ensure the quality of the College's visual identity.
Questions regarding visual identity guidelines and/or
requests for approved art can be directed to:
Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing
Campus Master Plan
The campus master plan resulted from the realization that our stakeholders see the campus environment as a vital part of education, training, engagement and a positive work life. They wanted to see the campus environment enhanced and leveraged to better meet the needs of the campus community. The process engaged every facet of the College, and all were invited to participate in multiple sessions. From the consultant interviews, to the introductory meetings, to the charrette, to the final presentation, the entire campus has been part of the process. What we have here is truly a team effort.
Download a PDF
the Campus Master Plan.