803-327-8037 or 803-981-7529
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty- CCE/IND
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: Actual hourly pay will be commensurate with experience.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree; or the equivalent combination of formal training and experience in mechanical maintenance, service, repair, and instruction. A minimum of two (2) years responsible training-related experience in a classroom or lab environment, preferably in continuing education, adult learning or corporate training setting. An emphasis on safety and quality control desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of effective training and development practices and techniques. Ability to communicate effective with industry representatives, students, faculty, and staff to convey fundamental manufacturing concepts, theory and application related to safety, maintenance, production, and quality practices. Ability to work independently and effectively multitask. Ability to travel within the three county service delivery areas to fulfill client/partner and student needs. Ability to work flexible hours and lift objects, such as machine parts, tools, etc. as needed to perform classroom demonstrations.
1. Provides quality content delivery, in a variety of delivery methods within a disciplined and interactive learning environment; provide timely qualitative feedback to students concerning progress and opportunities for improvement.
2. Assist Program Manager with scheduling and resource needs based on training area.
3. Performs other related duties as required to meet the needs of the College, including but not limited to: lab organization and safety,. Supply inventory, course updates.
4. Collaborates with SME’s to prepare, customize and/or update course material according to client or student needs. Select or develop course manuals and other resources/materials as appropriate.
5. Provides guidance to students relevant to class selection and prerequisites for success; assist registration agents with information necessary to properly place students in appropriate classes.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED; THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.