DEGREE: Associate in Applied Science
Students will be admitted based on The South Carolina Statewide Articulation Model:
A minimum of 23 semester hours of nursing credits will be awarded upon completion of validation if the applicant meets the following criteria;
1. Has a current, active LPN License
2. Meets admission requirements of York Technical College
3. Meets admission requirements of the Associate Degree Nursing Program, which includes a score of “Proficient” or better on the TEAS test.
4. A score of 74 or better on the ATI PN Predictor test (one attempt only)
5. Successful demonstration of course specific skills (one attempt only)
Deadline for application for the LPN/ADN transition program is May 15 of each year.
Direct Articulation Transfer from the York Technical College’s Practical Nursing Program Students in the Practical Nursing Program may articulate into the Associate Degree Nursing Program if they meet the following criteria:
1. Has successfully completed the PN curriculum.
2. Has satisfied all the current required criteria for the ADN program.
3. Articulation occurs immediately after completion of the PN program.
4. Articulation into the ADN program is based on space availability. Direct articulation into the ADN program in not automatic.
5. In the event there are more qualified students who desire to articulate than space availability, a lottery will be utilized.