YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Cook – Child Development Center (CDC)
Health and Human Services Department
7:30 am to 1:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or GED and two years work experience in a food preparation setting. Six months experience of food preparation in a Child Development Center(CDC).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Understanding of DSS, DHEC, and NAYCE guidelines. Completion of a post secondary food service program strongly preferred.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of nutritional needs of young children, appropriate menu planning, preparation, appropriate health and safety practices for food service in a child development center setting. Ability to work with children, other adult staff members and parents. Ability to present information in written and oral form. Ability to perform mathematical tasks related to food preparation; purchasing and required documentation for the food service program; and an understanding of family style dining.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS REGARDING THIS POSITION: Employee must meet requirements of the South Carolina Child Day Care Licensing Regulations to work in a child care setting. This will include a Sled, and FBI criminal records background check and appropriate health screenings.
1. Provides the food service for the Child Development Center classroom that supports family style dining. Plans menus to food program requirements. Prepares and serves meals and snacks on a daily basis.
2. Develops the food service procurement plan and maintains inventory of food supplies and equipment according to the established plan. Ensures food service operates within food budget. Submit requests for needed equipment with estimated costs and possible vendors.
3. Maintains and enforces sanitation and safety conditions in the kitchen and storage areas.Submit recommendations for food service quality improvement.
4. Assists in parent communication regarding the nutrition program. Assists classroom staff with implementation of nutrition education to include assisting with planning, purchasing and classroom demonstrations.
5. Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the families in the Center and York Technical College.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department at 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until filled.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER