OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Internal Applicants Only
Position will be located at the Chester Off Campus Center
POSITION: Enrollment Services Counselor- Off Campus Centers/Enrollment Services
STARTING SALARY: $31,182 (Hiring Range: $31,182.00 - $44,438.00), actual starting salary will be commensurate with experience. (Class CB70/Band 05). Position # 112512
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Master's degree; or Bachelor's degree and two (2) years experience in student services programs. Master's degree strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles and practices of enrollment management. Ability to work independently and effectively coordinate and mange a variety of activities, developing a flexible, working relationship with Off Campus Centers constituents and York Technical College student services departments. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public. Ability to identify, develop, and implement programs and activities that will benefit the College and Off Campus Centers. Ability to provide supportive counseling for a wide range of student problems and concerns. Ability to train, supervise, and evaluate personnel . Problem solving skills and flexibility important. Ability to communicate effectively and to make clear, concise presentations. Computer skills with Administrative Software and Microsoft Office. Ability to travel within the College’s service delivery area (Chester and Lancaster Counties). Ability to work flexible hours. Some evening and weekend hours required.
1. Develops, tracks and manages the enrollment funnel and recruitment activities for selected markets in Chester and Lancaster Counties; plans and implements enrollment workshops, open campus visit days and first year experience activities; conducts First time freshmen orientation and registration; prepares communications, and special events for OCC centers.; conducts follow up communication through all communication media (phone, email, chat, walk-ins, tours and recruitment events) with prospects, applicants and newly admitted students.; provides Academic Advising and Enrollment services to applicants of the College; reviews placement test results and other records and resources to assist students in choosing a curriculum of study; recommends the appropriate beginning levels of coursework; plans and delivers presentations to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, community leaders; conducts campus tours.; Supervises the workstudy, part-time staff, and student ambassadors for the Off Campus Centers.
2. Monitors assigned territory and enrollment goals and takes action to move prospects to enrolled students. Contacts and follows-up with potential students in assigned territory during all phases of the enrollment process. Works with financial aid and academic records to facilitate completion of student files. Contacts students to clarify information needs and advise students of next steps. Initiates and oversees student communication. Recommends appropriate beginning levels of general education coursework, introduces available support services and provides course scheduling for first-time freshmen. Reviews options and procedures for applying for financial aid and paying for college. Reviews qualification requirements and procedures for students with limited enrollment program goals. Coordinates campus tours for assigned territory at OCC and coordinates tours on Main Campus; Provides enrollment services, interpretation of placement test scores and admission to the College. Provides leadership and coordination for assigned specialty areas which may include, but is not limited to: recruitment, residency verification, special populations, and first-time freshmen.
3. Represents York Technical College within area schools, agencies, businesses, and industry. Responds to requests for representation in a timely manner; strives to increase awareness of opportunities for potential students of York Technical College programs; conducts presentations in the community for the purpose of promoting the College and technical education; assists in representing the College at various educational and career opportunity programs.
4. Provides orientation and information assistance to first-time freshmen and other students as needed including; Web Advisor, D2L (distance learning students); College policies, student responsibilities and expectations; new student campus tours. Provides advising/scheduling assistance/facilitation to first-time freshman students; Assist first-time freshmen students in creating a schedule of courses based upon program goal, remedial needs, suggested program course sequence, personal preferences and needs, prerequisites, and availability of courses; provide printed schedule and review with student. Assist students in connecting with their faculty advisor. Maintain proficiency in advising procedures through knowledge of the College’s academic programs and coordination with academic faculty.
5. Plans, coordinates, and executes student activities and special workshops for enrolled students, at the Off CampusCenters. Coordinates with Student Engagement on Main Campus to offer support servives and activities at the Off Campus Centers. Provides supportive counseling, as appropriate, for a wide range of student problems and concerns. Responds to and completes applicable documentation for student health emergencies. In consultation with the Dean for Student Engagement, addresses judiciary affairs issues. Coordinates and communicates, as necessary, with resident staff at both centers.
6. Maximizes student success through connections with prospects, applicants, and students to facilitate their completion of the enrollment process; Maintains proficiency in admission and advising procedures through knowledge of the College’s academic programs and coordination with academic faculty. Reports conversion and enrollment results to Dean for Enrollment Services. Works closely with the Center for Teaching and Learning and Student Services Success Center, on main campus, to develop and provide appropriate services for students at both centers. Advises students as assigned. Notifies faculty and staff with updates on Student Success activities.
7. Occasionally assists the Dean of Off Campus Centers with operations matters. Recommends courses or scheduling adjustments based on recent reliable data and experience. Participates in activities which relate to the College mission. Documents activities related to the retention of students. May conduct workshops for students and staff related to area of expertise. May teach COL courses and/or other courses as appropriate. Provides leadership and coordination for assigned specialty areas which may include, communicating academic program updates, and web page maintenance for the OCC page.
8. Participates in the Institutional Effectiveness process. Participates actively in projects/activities related to SACS Compliance and Quality Enhancement Plan. Contributes to the retention of students and performs other duties as required. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Services and/or the Dean of Off Campus Centers.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until May 5, 2014.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.