803-327-8037 or 803-981-7259
POSITION: Security Specialist II-Temporary/Part-Time, Facilities Management/Public Safety Department
SALARY: $10.01 an hour (up to 29 Hours a week, varied shifts).
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma, security or safety experience is preferred but not required. Clear criminal and driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to act quickly and respond appropriately in a variety of situations. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to assist with investigations such as; accidents, disturbances, and violations. Ability to deal courteously with Faculty, Staff, Students, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively. General knowledge of practices and techniques of safety, security, and fire protection.
1. Patrols the campus of York Technical College ensuring the safety of personnel and buildings on campus.
2. Monitors alarms and surveillance cameras located in DPS.
3. Investigates complaints and incidents occurring on York Technical College campus. Responds to emergencies and alarms on campus. Completes proper documentation of situations and forwards them to supervisor.
4. Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic through observation and enforcement actions.
5. Provides escorts for faculty, staff and students of York Technical College when requested.
6. Maintains radio communication with DPS and other officers on duty. Responds to other officers requiring assistance. Assist local police while on York Technical College campus in the performance of their duties.
7. Provides vehicle assistance to faculty, staff, students, and visitors of York Technical College to include jump starts, tire assistance, and lock out assistance.
8. Respond to medical assistance calls and provides appropriate assistance. Remains CPR, AED and first aid certified.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730 to complete an on-line employment application. February 22, 2015.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.