803-981-7259 or 803-327-8037
POSITION: Trade Specialist II/Grounds -Temporary/Part-Time -Facilities Management Department
Hours: 7:00 am- 3:30 pm varies ( up to 25 hrs./week)
Salary Range: $8.00
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or 10th grade equivalency and one (1) year work experience. The equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of safety practices relevant to grounds and maintenance. Knowledge of techniques, methods, and practices used in grounds and maintenance. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Applicants must have a valid South Carolina driverís license and no criminal history.
1) Operates mowers, weed-eaters, trimmers, edgerís, shredders, and mulching. Performs minor repairs on grounds equipment.
2) Under supervision plants, fertilizes, prunes and provides general care of shrubs and lawns; assists in upkeep of irrigation system, drainage system, and removal of refuse from campus.
3) Under supervision assists in other projects related to grounds keeping such as building forms for sidewalks, edging for shrubbery beds. Assists with maintenance and basic trades duties on main campus and off campus Centers as directed.
4)Operates vehicles on and off campus as necessary to support the grounds keeping operations.
5) Under supervision assists in painting, places signage on campus, and maintaining and repairing parking lots and sidewalks.
6) Performs other related duties as required.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until March 20, 2015
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.